THOUGHT OF THE DAY


*Thought of the day!* 🌹

*Generosity!* 

A man asked *Hatem Tai:* 
*"O Hatim! Has anyone surpassed you in generosity...?"* 
Hatim replied: 
*Yes! An orphan boy from the tribe of Ta'i turned out to be more generous than me.* 

His story is that, during a journey, once I went to his house to spend the night, as a guest. He slaughtered one goat out of his ten goats. He cooked it for the dinner and served me. Among the food there was goat brain, as well. It was very tasty,

I said, *"Wow! It's delicious!"*

Without a word, this boy went out and slaughtered all his goats, one by one and served all the brains to me. When I was leaving his house, I saw blood all around.

I asked him, 
*"Why did you slaughter all the goats?"* 

He said: *"Come on! When you like something in my possession, how can I be stingy about it. This is one of the worst form of humiliation for an Arab."* 

Hatim was asked: "What did you give him in return?"

He said: "Three hundred red camels and five hundred goats."

He was told: "Then you are more generous than him."

He replied: "No, he is more generous than me, *because he surpassed me in generosity by giving all he had whereas, I have been generous by spending only a little, from large amount of my wealth."*

*Thus giving out small from a large amount is not something great but to spend from the small amount you have, no matter how little it is..This is the real achievement!*
Post a Comment (0)